According to IBISWorld, the demand from businesses for warehouse space and their likelihood of contracting it from third-party providers has increased over the past five years.
If you’re looking to build your first warehouse, then here are five tips on what you can expect from your general contractor:
1. Use their expertise in the planning stage to perform a site and geotechnical analysis.
2. Solve issues such as functionality vs. cost, how the warehouse will fit it with its surroundings and how the warehouse can be expanded in the future.
3. Have them guide you through the local zoning and building permit process.
4. Establish a timeline and budget based on design, procurement, construction and post-construction.
5. Rely on GCs to lighten your workload by having them attend municipal meetings and manage subcontractor pre-qualifications.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
FoxArneson is a commercial design/build construction company that specializes in warehouse and distributions centers.