We are a true design/build team, providing one point of responsibility that combines a focus on our clients’ needs and goals with unparalleled attention and transparency. With 35 years’ experience, our success has been in our ability to cultivate and maintain long term relationships with our clients by having a personal connection and a clear understanding of their needs and expectations. We do this with great pride, treating each project as if It were our very own.
Summary of Position
This newly created position, reporting to the Vice President-Design, will participate in all phases of project delivery from preliminary planning, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration. Working collaboratively under the direction of a licensed architect and with our construction group, this position participates in providing building designs that meets our client’s needs and expectations while being cognizant of the constructability, cost and schedule of the whole project.
What you will get to do!
• Participate in the technical development of most phases of a project
• Provide planning, design, and coordination of projects within a team environment in these core markets
o Large format retail
o Grocery stores
o Retail strip centers
• Investigate, evaluate and recommend design solutions for specific technical design aspects of assigned projects
• Produce architectural documentation
• Develop design concepts
• Coordinate the work of our engineering design partners.
• Participate in development of a BIM library for use on current and future projects
• Participate in field observations
• Attend client and construction meetings
• Prepare addendums and responses to Requests for Information (RFIs)
Why you want to work for us?
We are a stable, privately held business with over 35 years of history and have a strong portfolio of projects for happy clients. The company is committed to its employee’s and this is evidenced in strong employee retention and longevity.
Attributes and Qualifications:
• Collaborative – you value being part of a team
• Tactical – without hesitation, you roll up your sleeves and tackle projects hands-on
• Driven – you have the passion and drive to get things done while working on a multitude of projects
• Work Ethic – you are diligent in your work by providing accurate, careful and thorough work products
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUP
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of building codes
• Knowledge of construction materials, sequences and techniques
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Architecture
• 2 to 4 years of architectural experience