At FoxArneson we build : better. Our success has been in our ability to cultivate and maintain long term relationships with our clients, by having a personal connection and clear understanding of their needs and expectations. As a second-generation family business with 35 years’ experience, we do this with great pride, treating every project as if it were our very own. We are committed to our employees and this is evidenced in our strong employee retention and longevity. At FoxArneson you have an opportunity, with a growing organization, to learn and develop professionally while working on challenging and interesting projects. If you are results driven, customers focused and dedicated to teamwork, you will feel right at home at FoxArneson.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Estimator is responsible for identifying public projects for bid and generating private and public estimating deliverables required on projects having estimated costs ranging from $1 – $10 million. The Estimator will also support our preconstruction services in the review of project plans, requirements, and specifications.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Estimator typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform conceptual estimating on civil, architectural and structural portions of projects (total project volume: $1mm to $10mm)
- Produce quantitative surveys and accurate pricing for a project from its early inception through an acceptable working budget, GMP, or Lump Sum Price
- Coordinate project documents for the GMP and Lump Sum Bid project delivery methods.
- Lead detailed reviews of civil, architectural and structural subcontractor’s scope before award of project contracts.
- Obtain and present unit pricing data
- Responsible for outlining clarifications and qualifications within an estimate
- Provide back up for estimates to be used during analysis and review
- Secure and contact sources for cost estimates for all specialty items
- Identify indirect costs and General Condition items within estimate
- Possess and apply knowledge of unit prices and the material/labor component
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Produce manpower estimates to coincide with construction estimate
- Compile complete estimate/bid package breakdown based on input from others.
- Establishes estimating protocols for specific types of documentation
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Use of WinEst software, On-Screen Takeoff and site work software tools for take-offs
- Familiar with market pricing and trends
- Able to perform conceptual estimating from schematic plan sets
To apply for this position, please email a PDF or Word document of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org